YOUR FUTURE We’re the personal injury law firm committed to your recovery
Burton Law Firm, PLLC represents serious personal injury and fatal accident victims throughout North Carolina and Southern Virginia. Since opening our doors, Burton Law Firm has represented hundreds of individuals in personal injury and wrongful death claims arising out of automobile accidents, on-the-job injuries, toxic exposure incidents, premises liability matters, and medical/nursing home negligence. Through our efforts, we have collected millions of dollars on behalf of accident and injury victims.
Jason Michael Burton is a fifth-generation attorney and the son of a career insurance defense attorney. During law school, he worked for his father’s firm in Greensboro, North Carolina and received an intense education in insurance law and personal injury cases. As a result of his experience, Mr. Burton knows the ropes of the insurance industry and has substantial experience fighting to secure fair compensation for his clients. If you or a loved one have suffered a life or career altering injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, you need the services of a highly awarded, experienced personal injury lawyer.
Burton Law Firm is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina and provides personal injury and wrongful death representation to accident and injury victims in Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem and surrounding areas. We also represent accident and injury victims throughout Southern Virginia.
Our firm was built on a foundation of AmLaw 100 experience, and offers top-quality legal services to clients at cost-efficient rates. Our innovative, client-first approach can help you navigate the most complex legal problems.Defining the Scope of Our Practice
While we seek to help as many accident and injury victims as possible, most of our firm’s resources are dedicated to representing victims of catastrophic personal injury or fatal accident cases. In either scenario, we use our experience and knowledge to hold the at-fault parties responsible while working to secure all compensation available to our clients under the law.
Damages available in catastrophic personal injury cases can include compensation for past, present, and future medical treatment and expenses, past lost wages and future loss of earning capacity, permanent injuries, scarring and disfigurement, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
In statutory wrongful death cases, the legal beneficiaries of the decedent’s estate may be entitled to collect compensation for medical bills, the loss of the net benefit of the decedent’s income, funeral and burial expenses, pain and suffering of the victim before death, and compensation for the loss of services, love, and companionship of the deceased.What Sets Us Apart
Our firm routinely works with renowned expert witnesses in the fields of engineering, accident reconstruction, vocational rehabilitation, financial analysis and projection, and many others, who can help insurance companies, defendants, and jurors understand the root cause of accidents and the full scope of damages flowing from the at-fault parties’ conduct. We also understand the medical aspects of each case and work with treating medical providers to help insurance companies, defense attorneys, and jurors understand the full impact of our client’s injuries. We investigate all aspects of our client’s claims and spare no expense in seeking justice on their behalf.
Please visit our Practice Areas page to learn more about our service offerings and how we may be able to help you with your legal issue. Please visit our Case Results page for a better understanding of our prior case experience. Notable recent successes include the following:
- Burton Law Firm obtained a $1,000,000 settlement on behalf of the family of an elderly gentlemen who sustained second and third degree flame burns as a result of a structural fire at an in-patient nursing facility.
- Burton Law Firm obtained more than $725,000 on behalf of several Martinsville, Virginia residents whose church bus was struck by an intoxicated driver in North Carolina. The at-fault driver had only $100,000 in insurance coverage but Mr. Burton was able to secure recoveries under nine (9) separate insurance policies that provided insurance coverage for the losses.
- Burton Law Firm helped secure a $500,000 jury verdict in Cumberland County Superior Court on behalf of a young lady that sustained a skull fracture and facial laceration as a result of a trucking accident. Prior to trial, the insurance company offered $125,000 to resolve the case. With collectible interest and costs, the total judgment exceeded $561,000.
- Burton Law Firm secured a $250,000 settlement on behalf of a Charlotte, North Carolina man who suffered severe injuries in an airplane crash while on vacation in California. The flight operator sought to avoid liability based on contractual disclaimers signed by our client prior to the flight. They offered $25,000 to settle the claim prior to a lawsuit being filed but ultimately settled the case for $250,000, which represented all collectable insurance proceeds.
- Burton Law Firm secured a $200,000 settlement on behalf of a Randolph County, North Carolina man who was injured during a church mission trip in Mozambique. Prior to the mission trip, the client secured a travel insurance policy that provided for medical evacuation benefits. When the insurance company refused to effectuate a medical evacuation, our client was forced to fly home on a commercial airline with a full backboard. Even though our client had less than $10,000 in out of pocket damages, we were able to resolve the matter for $200,000.
- Burton Law Firm secured a $140,000 settlement on behalf of a couple from Wisconsin who suffered soft tissue injuries in a collision with a trucking company. Though the clients had minimal out of pocket damages, we were able to secure fair compensation for emotional distress damages.
- Burton Law Firm secured a $100,000 settlement for a Guilford County, North Carolina woman who was injured by an intoxicated driver operating a plumbing truck provided by his employer. Through our investigation of the circumstances surrounding the accident, we were able to hold the company and driver responsible for our client’s damages.
- Burton Law Firm, PLLC secured at $100,000 settlement for a Raleigh, North Carolina man that was struck by an intoxicated driver in the parking lot of his apartment complex. Though the at-fault driver had only $50,000 in insurance coverage, we were able to collect all insurance proceeds available under the at-fault driver’s insurance policy and the insurance policy issued to our client.
At Burton Law Firm, we understand the complex and time-critical nature of significant personal injury and wrongful death claims. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a personal injury case, contact Burton Law Firm today and let our experience work for you.