At Burton Law Firm, we provide free consultations to injury and accident victims. A free consultation is a great way for a potential client to learn more about the law firm, the firm’s attorneys, and the legal rights and options available to injury and accident victims. When you call Burton Law firm for a free consultation, here are some of the things you can expect:
Facts of Your Case
When you call our firm, you will be able to speak with an attorney right away. Many firms have you speak with a non-lawyer who then takes your information and schedules an appointment with an attorney. At Burton Law Firm, you don’t have to wait to speak with an attorney. An attorney will talk with you and ask for your contact information (name, phone number, email, etc.), and we’ll go over the facts of your case. We may ask you questions such as:
- When did the incident happen?
- Where did the incident happen?
- Who was there when it happened? Were there any witnesses?
- Did the police or other first responders come to the scene? Is there an accident report?
- Has anyone determined who was at fault for the incident?
- Were you injured? If so, what were your injuries?
- Have you received any medical treatment? If so, what treatment have you received?
- Do you have auto insurance? How about health insurance?
- Have you spoken with any insurance companies about the incident or your injuries?
- Have you missed any time from work because of your injuries?
We ask these questions in order to better understand the cause of your injuries, how you’ve been affected by the incident, and what legal rights and options might be available to you.
The Claims Process
Many of the people who call our firm have questions about how the claims process works, how long it takes to receive a settlement, and/or if they’ll have to go to trial in a courtroom. If you decide to hire us, some of the initial steps we’ll take on your behalf include:
- Identifying the person(s) at fault for the incident
- Searching for any available insurance policies that could help repay you for your injuries and damages such as medical bills, prescriptions, medical equipment, lost wages from work, pain and suffering, and more
- Putting any applicable insurance companies on notice of the incident, your injuries, and our representation
- Investigating, talking to witnesses, taking photos, and preserving any evidence
- Talking with you and keeping you updated on your case while you’re receiving medical treatment for your injuries
During your free consultation, we can also talk with you about the typical claims process and how long it takes. This varies from case to case. Once we know more about the specific facts of your case, we’ll be able to provide you with a better idea of what the process might look like for you.
If you have been injured, you may be incurring medical bills for ongoing medical treatment. On top of that, you may be missing time from work and losing income because of this. Hiring a lawyer can seem like just one more expense; however, at Burton Law Firm, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means we are not paid until we recover money for you. If we do not recover anything for you, you do not owe us an attorney’s fee. During your free consultation, we will go over this and more with you.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a car wreck, trucking accident, DUI accident, or other accident, we are available to talk with you and provide you with a free consultation. Being injured can feel overwhelming, but you do not have to do this alone. At Burton Law Firm, we are right beside our clients every step of the way. We’ll make sure you have the information and answers you need. We’ll keep you updated throughout your case, and we will fight to protect you, your rights, and your future. Call us today at (833) 623-0042 to schedule your free consultation.