Spinal Injury Lawyer Raleigh, NC
Spinal cord injuries can be classified into two categories: complete and incomplete. A complete spinal cord injury leads to permanent damage in the affected spinal area, which often results in conditions known as paraplegia or tetraplegia. These conditions are direct consequences of such injuries.
On the other hand, an incomplete spinal cord injury refers to a situation where the spinal cord is only partially damaged. In these cases, the person retains some degree of movement and sensation. However, the extent of these capabilities is largely dependent on the specific area of the spine that has been injured and the severity of the injury.
The prognosis for patients with partial spinal cord injuries will vary, and it will often be influenced by factors such as their overall health and medical history.
There are four sections of the spine – cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacral. Each section of the spine protects different routes and nerves that control different parts of the body.
Cervical spinal injuries affect the neck and head, and are the most severe form of spinal cord injury. Thoracic spinal cord injuries affect the chapter transmitted back and abdominal muscles, sometimes arm and hand function but is usually considered normal with this pinewood injury. Lumbar spinal cord injuries or can affect the hips and legs and you may know will tour or walk with braces. Sacral spinal cord injuries affect the hips back in the thighs but talks and pelvic organs. You may be able to walk, and this is considered the least dramatic form of injury.
If you or someone in your family has been on the receiving end of a spinal cord injury find a spinal injury lawyer in Raleigh, such the ones available at Burton law firm. Burton Law Firm is run by Jason M Burton who is a fifth-generation trial lawyer with a broad background focusing on motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death injuries and catastrophic injuries. Depending on the severity of your spinal cord injury, it could be considered catastrophic. Mr. Burton has a firm understanding of understanding insurance companies and evaluating and handling injury claims and he is known for maximizing personal injury compensation for his clients.
Working with a lawyer who is as skilled as Mr. Burton is going to put you at ease. He is a team player coming from loss of family of four boys, and has a history as an athlete because of this you should not be worried that he will not work well in situations where yes works the team, even if he is not the lien of the team he’s going to be able to work well. After Jason Burton graduated he returned to his home state of North Carolina and attended Elon University school of Law, and then interned at his father’s law firm and was named a valedictorian of his law school class.
How a Spinal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
A Raleigh spinal injury lawyer from Burton Law Firm is here to help with your accident and injury cases. We understand how these types of injury cases transpire and how to go about building a strong strategy for them. Our experience has seen us work on numerous cases and we have helped many people receive compensation for their spinal injuries. There are a lot of different items that can be compensated for in a spinal injury case. If the injury was sustained from an accident then property damages may be compensated if any property damage occurred. Pain and suffering can be compensated with a set financial amount that will be determined in either a court setting or through legal negotiations. Other things like medical bills, therapy sessions, doctor visits, and lost wages from missing work can all be compensated in these types of cases. For assistance with your spinal injury case, reach out to our firm today for assistance. We can help you just like we have helped many others with these kinds of cases.
How Spinal Cord Injuries Can Occur
Spinal cord injuries can happen in many ways. One of the most common ways is from car accidents. When other drivers on the road drive recklessly or negligently they can lead to catastrophic accidents with life changing injuries. Car accidents happen when drivers aren’t paying attention, roads aren’t maintained, and through pure negligence. Other common ways that a spinal cord injury occurs stem from workplace incidents and premises liability incidents. When a workplace doesn’t have a firm safety protocol in place or a strong safety culture, injuries can happen. For example, if a construction company fails to properly train their employees on operating equipment it can lead to an injury like a spinal cord injury. Premises liability incidents can also happen. These happen when a property fails to properly caution off certain areas if there is maintenance work being done or if there is a spill. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury from any of these sources or from another source then contact Burton Law Firm today to speak with a spinal injury lawyer Raleigh, NC residents turn to when in need.
Legal Assistance for Spinal Injuries
Legal assistance is available from our trusted law firm. We have helped numerous clients get through these horrific injuries. The way we can help is by holding the guilty party accountable for their heinous actions that have led to a spinal injury. Our firm understands the angles that opposing firms will take to defend their client. We also know about the statute of limitations that exist for spinal injury cases. Let us help you with your injuries and secure your compensation so you are not left to suffer in pain and forced to pay your own medical bills and other bills associated with the accident alone. Contact us today to speak with a Raleigh spinal injury lawyer from our experienced and trusted firm.
Frost Jason Burton and Burton Law Firm with your spinal injury law audience, helped secure over $43 million in settlements and verdicts for individuals who are harmed by the wrongful conduct of others. Let them do the same for you.
Key Tips For Victims Seeking Compensation For Spinal Cord Injuries
Our Raleigh, NC spinal injury lawyer has witnessed firsthand the traumatic and life-altering ways a spinal cord injury can impact victims, often leading to physical, emotional, and financial distress. Our team from Burton Law Firm knows that facing the aftermath can be daunting as many victims find themselves navigating a complex maze of medical treatment and legal proceedings. Understanding the importance of seeking appropriate compensation to help cover medical costs, ongoing care, and lost earnings is crucial.
The following offers ten essential tips for navigating the legal process post-accident toward securing fair compensation after a spinal cord injury:
- Understand the Implications: Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) can be life-altering, often leading to paralysis, chronic pain, and loss of sensation. This type of injury can severely affect the victim’s quality of life, work capacity, and mental health. Because injuries can be so impactful, fair compensation may be necessary for the damages experienced by the victim.
- Identify the Cause: It will be critical to determine how the injury happened. Suppose the injury resulted from an accident at work, motor vehicle collision, medical procedure, or slip and fall. In that case, speaking with a Raleigh spinal injury lawyer is essential to determine who can be held accountable.
- Consult a Doctor: Seek immediate medical help post-injury. Detailed medical records help establish a direct cause-and-effect relationship between the incident and the injury, which is crucial for any legal claim. Most importantly, medical treatment can help ensure that victims of such injuries receive a treatment plan focused on the best possible recovery.
- Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer: Lawyers with experience in this practice area have intimate knowledge of the complexities surrounding spinal cord injuries and have experience navigating this complex legal territory. Legal professionals can guide victims through the complicated process of seeking compensation.
- Keep Records: Maintain all evidence related to your injury. This includes medical bills, therapy costs, hospital visits, medication receipts, and other related expenses. Document time missed from work and any accommodations you’ve needed to make at home or work due to the injury.
- Establish Liability: Your lawyer will help determine the responsible party. This could be an individual, a company, or a governmental entity. Establishing liability is a pivotal step in a compensation claim.
- Quantify Damages: A lawyer will carefully review the case and evaluate the losses their client faces from the accident. There are primarily two types of damages economic (medical bills and lost wages) and non-economic (like pain and suffering). Quantifying these helps establish a reasonable compensation figure.
- Negotiate a Settlement: Many SCI cases don’t go to trial and are instead settled outside of court. Your lawyer will negotiate with the other party’s insurance company to secure a fair compensation package.
- File a Lawsuit if Necessary: If a settlement cannot be reached, your lawyer may recommend filing a lawsuit. It’s important to understand that this process can be lengthy and requires substantial evidence to succeed.
- Maintain Patience: Lawsuits and settlement negotiations can be time-consuming. The journey to receiving compensation for a spinal cord injury is not typically fast, so maintaining patience and following your attorney’s guidance is crucial.
Spinal cord injuries deeply impact victims, and as a result, they may face significant damages. A Raleigh spinal cord lawyer can help victims understand the process and strategically outline next steps so that victims can focus on their recovery. To learn more, contact Burton Law Firm by scheduling a consultation as soon as possible.
If you have sustained a spinal injury, you may want to get in touch with a Raleigh, NC spinal injury lawyer from Burton Law Firm. You may be entitled to receive compensation. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about spinal injury lawyers.
Q: What is a spinal injury lawyer?
A spinal injury lawyer is a type of attorney who specializes in representing individuals who have suffered spinal cord injuries due to accidents or negligence. These lawyers are experts in personal injury law and have extensive knowledge of the complexities involved in spinal injury cases.
Q: When should I consider hiring a spinal injury lawyer?
If you or a loved one has sustained a spinal injury due to the negligence of another person, such as in a car accident, slip and fall, workplace incident, or medical malpractice, it is essential to consult with a spinal injury lawyer as soon as possible. They can assess the merits of your case and guide you through the legal process.
Q: What can a spinal injury lawyer do for me?
A skilled spinal injury lawyer can offer many services to support you during your recovery and legal journey. They will investigate the accident thoroughly, gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and fight for fair compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and suffering.
Q: How do I choose the right spinal injury lawyer for my case?
Selecting the right spinal injury lawyer is crucial for a successful outcome. Look for an attorney with a proven track record of dealing with spinal injury cases, relevant experience, and a good reputation. Additionally, search for a Raleigh spinal injury lawyer who demonstrates empathy, understanding, and effective communication skills to ensure they can support you throughout the process.
Q: Will hiring a spinal injury lawyer cost me a lot of money?
Many spinal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means they only get paid if they win your case and secure compensation for you. In such arrangements, the lawyer’s fee is typically a percentage of the final settlement or award. This ensures that you can pursue your claim without upfront financial burden.
Q: What if my spinal injury was caused by a defective product?
If your spinal injury resulted from a defective product, a skilled spinal injury lawyer can help you pursue a product liability claim against the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer. They will navigate the complexities of product liability law to seek appropriate compensation for your injuries.
Q: How long do I have to file a spinal injury claim?
The deadline for filing a spinal injury claim varies by jurisdiction and the type of accident that caused the injury. It is crucial to consult with a spinal injury lawyer promptly to ensure you meet all deadlines and preserve your right to seek compensation.
Q: Can I still pursue a claim if the accident was partially my fault?
If you believe you were at least partially at fault in the accident, you may still be eligible for compensation. The laws on comparative negligence differ from state to state, so it’s essential to consult with a knowledgeable spinal injury lawyer who can navigate these complexities.
Schedule a consultation with a Raleigh spinal injury lawyer from Burton Law Firm today.